Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Valentine's Feast


We celebrated V-Day on the weekend when I had time and energy to fix a good meal and not worry about work the next day.  I decided to make Doug all the things I hate and the poor man never gets.  We began with stuffed mushroom, followed up by lobster and steak and of course, I ate strawberries till I could eat no more.  The lobster was a big hit and it was my first time making them.  The kids were a little freaked and I had bowls of vinegar out on the counter to absorb the seafood smells going on, but he ate loved it!  The only way it could have been better was for the steaks to be on a grill outside but it's too cold, so the broiler had to do.  We usually go out but I liked the eating in and eating fancy idea so I think we'll do that again.






2 comments:

peachytiffers said...

looks yummy. i made chocolate strawberries the other day and was thinking of you.

MP Flory said...

yum ! I can just taste them.-Haleigh