Monday, March 31, 2014

Utah Symphony

For Christmas, we were given tickets to the Utah Symphony which featured the songs of Pixar.  I made up some packets for the kids to keep them engaged.  We also took Louis and Miles for their first time to such a fancy event and they did great!  

Here's me and Louis at intermission.  Look how happy he is! I love it!
 


The kids had packets to check off when they heard the music from that movie.  I also made an information packet for Carter about Pixar because he'd been wanting to know about that company.  There was a cool ABC image I found too with Pixar characters.  They loved having stuff to do while they listened. 

This one is side ways but would make a great poster.





The aftershot.

We had a WONDERFUL time!  The orchestra played all the major Pixar songs with video montages as well.  The live music was ssoooo amazing.  We couldn't decide which movie had the best music.  

Our favorites:

Doug- Finding Nemo
Michelle-Ratatouille
Carter-Incredibles
Haleigh- Wall-E
Miles- Monsters, Inc.
Louis- Toy Story




Thanks to girl scouts, Carter, Haleigh and I got to go again to the Utah Symphony to hear the music of Harry Potter.  This time they didn't have a video and played some of Harry Potter and a lot of other magical sounding songs.  It sounded just as great but wasn't as fun as the Pixar concert.  I think the videos really made a difference for the audience. Overall, two great evenings! 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! Can you adopt me?:)