Sunday, May 18, 2014

School Days

It's almost summer time, so I thought I'd share a little about what school days are like right now.  I get up early to wake up Carter and get him off to orchestra before school.  He'll be glad when that is over!  Waking up early is getting hard for him.  Then I say Good Morning to everyone who wakes up.  Haleigh is always the last to get up.  That girl can sleep!  Once those two are off to school, the rest of us do chores, get dressed, run errands or play all morning.  Sometimes we don't even get dressed.  Those are the funnest days!











Then lunch time for the four little boys.  I've been eating salad's everyday for lunch which I love!  They enjoy hot dogs, mickey mouse chicken, ham sandwiches or if they are lucky...leftovers from dinner the day before. 




Then the two middle boys get ready for school and we do drop offs or carpool.  I love preschool carpool.  It's so hilarious to hear their conversations.  

Here is a day that Louis accidentally wore Carter's pants which were a foot too long.  





Here is Louis walking up to school in the rain.  He sure loves using his umbrella!





Then nap times or quiet time for mom and babies.  I study and hopefully they sleep!  Then we get up and start getting excited for everyone to come home.  They watch out the window and wait and wait and wait.  Then when they see them we all run out to cheer.  It's pretty cute!




After emptying backpacks, snacks and homework is play time or the various activities that people do like gymnastics, activity days, girl or boy scouts, soccer or baseball.  Then back home for dinner, baths, and bed.  



After scriptures and prayer, each kid brushes teeth, reads a book and gets in bed.  Visiting each kid for a song and hug takes about an hour.  Our bedtime routine does take a while but I love that time of day.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok Michelle, seriously, how do you do it??? I have 6 kids too, and I can't fathom getting all that into one day, AND being able to say that you love bedtime hour. Either you have awesome kids, or you have cloned yourself. Which is it???:)