Saturday, February 8, 2014

Grandma's House

While in AZ, I decided to document some of the things that make Grandma's house...well, Grandma's House.  

A picture of her mother's farm

A picture that looks like me when I was little






She is known for her many, many collections.  

Here are some of her teapots.  

They also love shadow boxes and have many of them in different rooms with small things to examine.  I took zoomed in pictures of my favorite mini-things. 








I always thought this lady draped on the piano was funny.


Man...how many scissors does she need?  I can't even find one at my house!


Grandma's vision board

Some creepy old lady statues.  They were so freaky I had to get a picture. 


Collections of baskets



Collection of vases




Collection of buttons

Some of my favorite stitcheries she has


Her baby grand piano with matching kid version

Some of her cute Thanksgiving decorations



Swarovski crystal collection


My favorite Christmas picture they have.

My dad's man cave/den.  Turns out he likes collections too.
I thought this tiny photo of his mother on the American flag display was cute.

He loves Don Quixote stuff

Joseph Smith is his hero


His rock/geode collection

Ball collection



CD collection


The room the kids slept in.


More creepy elves.  I'm not a fan of little figurines with faces, I think.

The one thing in the house that one day I really want.  A miniature door.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a great post! I want to do one like it for my blog so I always remember my mom and what makes her unique, for my posterity. As a side note, what is it with old people and the trinkets they have? I guess one amasses a lot of stuff over a lifetime. My mom and MIL are the same.