Monday, March 18, 2013

Trip to Florida Part I

Earlier this year, Doug had a business trip to Florida and we decided to send me along.  It was the first time he and I have taken a trip far away just by ourselves.  After I got over my initial mommy guilt, we had a great time!  He took me to a waffle house, which sounds lame but I have always wanted to try one and never had.  We were fascinated by the egg man there.  He would crack two eggs at once over his head, catch it and then cook about six pans at once.  He's been the egg man for every morning for over 52 years! Going out to breakfast is more fun for us than going out to lunch and we filled up before a day of adventure.  





Our visit to the Orlando temple.  

This was the very cool pool at the resort.  It had a lazy river.  

Next we headed off to see Cape Canaveral.  On the way we past all the cruise lines.  Here was the Disney cruise ship.  

I couldn't believe how close the ocean was to the highway.  Only five feet with no rails.  



Cocoa Beach.  The water was too cold and it was windy but we had fun chasing the hundreds of birds.  



You can see it full screen better, but the bird were circling him and he was in the middle.  Very cool.  














Every house had these extra rooms with mosquito covers like this one.  



Then we went to check out some rockets and swing by the Astronaut Hall of Fame Museum to see the Space Shuttle.  















Doug loved the beach so much, he went back later with a buddy of his after I left.  I think I'm starting to convince him that oceans are better than lakes. 







1 comment:

sladefamilyaz said...

I'm so glad you got to go with him. When I went to Florida last year, I had mommy guilt too. I was so sad the first night that I almost looked at tickets to turn around and go home. But after a couple of days, I was fine. And after a couple more days, I didn't want to go home! We're going to Orlando in June and I can't wait. I haven't been since high school. But every time we would go on a cruise, we would go to Cocoa Beach and play for a while before we boarded the ship at Port Canaveral. I loved your pictures!