Sunday, September 1, 2013

Mom's at Monster's University

Still catching up on summer stuff.  I went for three weeks to Logan, Utah to attend classes at Utah State University.  There is a residency requirement which two summer's fulfill.  This was my first summer up there.  I stayed with a friend of mine who has an aunt there.  They were so kind to open their home to me.  Doug worked from home and watched the 6 kids too.  What a hero!

Here we are saying goodbye.
The surprises in the car that I found ...
The texts in one class for one class session. 
The cohort I'm a part of.  We are together for four years and live all over Utah.  There are university instructors, principals, teachers, counselors, and district directors.  A great group of people to laugh, cry, study and get stressed with...
The famous USU ice cream. 
On this trip, I had to choose my committee and get a lot of things in order.  Here is the bookshelf of some of the published dissertations of my dissertation chair (or yoda, as I call him).  Looks intimidating to me.  I loved visiting the faculty members to look over their book shelves and get to know them better. 
One weekend the kids came up and we stayed in a hotel.  I showed them around campus and we swam and tried to unwind a bit.  Unfortunately Doug and Haleigh got the flu so it wasn't as relaxing as we expected.  But we did play hours of Uno in our hotel room! :)








I took tons of photos (no surprise) of our experience and made a movie at the end of our three weeks.  My friend took a picture of me taking pictures and presenting. 



These are the organized bookshelves at the house I stayed at.  They were such a wonderful family!
Logan has amazing sunsets!
After the last day!  HOORAY!

No comments: