Saturday, May 15, 2010

Calgon Take me Away!

I am tired. This past week has been crazy busy and I am looking forward to a week of only partial insanity but I don't think it's going to happen. Here are all the things that are contributing to the gray hairs I found this morning...

We've decided to try to sell the house rather than rent it out. It goes on the market in the next two days. If we sell in a week or less, I get a steak dinner from Doug, so cross your fingers. Anyone out there want to take a guess at how long till we get an offer? If you win, I'll buy you a milkshake. I spent lots of time this week finding just the right realtor but I feel good about her.

I'm tired of showing the house though and keeping it in "show condition" with three little ones home each day. I'm trying to gather energy for more walk throughs. Packing more boxes and moving more furniture out to help sell. Don't have it yet.

Still looking for a home for our two dogs. I've had lots of interested people but no one to commit yet. Just another thing that has been started but not finished. I did have a friend send out an email about it though. Thanks Lisa!

Classes are starting back up for me and I've been a one track mind getting it prepared and ready. It's a lot of work to teach teachers how to teach! Doug knows well by now that when I am preparing a course that there will be lots of eating out or mac n cheese. Your pick. I've survived, of course, on way too much Dr. Pepper. Evil temptress!

The school book fair which I help organize is now done and was a ton of fun to work at, but it did feel like work. Having a lunch date with Carter was fun though in the school library.

I had my final meeting for the reading organization that I'm president of for this region of the Arizona Reading Association. I'm sad that it is now going to become inactive due to lack of leadership interest. We were just gaining momentum and have some big membership numbers. Now, they'll have to travel longer distances, I suppose. I have met some wonderful and inspiring authors. I also learned that I'm to be published again this spring in their journal, which is great! Maybe our changes will give me more time to pursue this dream of mine.

Job hunting is still going on and I'm sick, sick, sick of it. I wish just one would work and then 97 percent of my worries would magically disappear.

School is over in 9 days and I'm wondering how our empty house is going to keep the kids busy. Normal people would say to send them out to play but it's already getting up in the high temps and they have been sunburned twice last week...with sunscreen on!

What else can I complain about?

Who knows....I'm off to take a bath and read my US Weekly to see how they do their hair. I'm sure after that I'll be much better!

Grumpily,

Michelle

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh Michelle! I wish you were already out here so I could give you a big hug! We're praying for you guys and hoping everything will work out. Good luck!

peachytiffers said...

This time will fly by and you'll forget about all your worries and hopefully things will just fall into place!!